The mission of the IC Catholic Prep School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that addresses students’ academic, college/career, and social/emotional development. In partnership with other educators, parents/guardians, and the community, the school counselors facilitate the promotion of a support system to ensure that students at ICCP have the knowledge and skills to confidently face life’s challenges, live meaningful lives and make a positive difference in the world.
Philosophy and Objectives
- School Counselors advocate for students’ needs
- School Counselors work with students from a holistic framework
- Students are encouraged to recognize and develop their strengths, improve their self-confidence, demonstrate responsible behavior and engage in service toward others in their community.
- The Counseling Department provides information, as well as individual and group support to address students’ personal and social needs according to a developmental framework.
- Individualized assistance is offered to maximize students’ personal growth and adjustment. Students with social or emotional problems may receive short term in school counseling or be referred to appropriate community resources.
- The Counseling Department monitors students’ academic progress and assists them with course selection, scheduling, and academic planning.
- College/Career counseling begins during students’ freshman year and includes the use of career interest inventories, individual college/career counseling, presentations, and other career exploration activities.
School Counselors abide by the professional school counseling ethics of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) and participate in regular professional development activities in order to maintain a quality school counseling program.
Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer: ICCP is not affiliated, associated nor do we endorse any of the companies or resources listed in the resource information for students and parents.